Friday, July 24, 2009

Hulu: Free TV Online


"Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free." -- Hulu.com

Lately I've been asking my friends, "Do you Hulu?" Some look at me funny, wondering if I've finally lost my sanity and am looking for people to twirl their hips with a hula hoop. No. The rest of you know what I'm talking about: Hulu.com, the greatest thing to hit the Internet since, I don't know, the World Wide Web? Hulu is a free site that provides a lot of the best television content online in high quality. For free!

Missed an episode of your favorite television show? No worries. Catch it on Hulu.com

Did your TiVo fail to record the last 15 minutes of Big Brother because that night's episode of 60 Minutes ran long? No worries. Catch it on Hulu.com

Feeling out of the loop because everyone is talking about how great the television series Fringe is, but you haven't seen a single episode? No worries. Catch it on Hulu.com

These are legal reruns of some of the best stuff on TV, in high-def quality, not the low-res clips you usually see on YouTube and other places online. And did I mention it's all free? A commercial or two is all you have to sit through to watch an episode of Heroes or Battlestar Galactica on your computer.

See classics from the olden days (like the original Electric Company with Morgan Freeman!) to current shows like Hell's Kitchen and Family Guy. Watch coming attractions for upcoming movies or next season's television programs. Even see the Presidential Press Conference which my local New York FOX affiliate refused to show so it could air the latest episode of So You Think You Can Dance instead.

Watch their hilarious commercial here and the next time you're away from a television set but have access to the Internet, fret not, my fellow TV addicts. You can now get your fix at Hulu.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the concept of Hulu, but the first and only time I tried to find a show on it, it wasn't there! Dave (not YOU!) introduced me to Big Bang Theory back in April and I went on it to try to catch an episode, and all they had was a link to little snippets on the CBS website. Very disappointing.

~E

P.S. I will watch Fringe on it, and I would choose SYTYCD over another boring speech any day. :D